When the art of selecting, preparing, serving and enjoying good food becomes the science of doing so.
Over the last decade or so, the explosion in outputs of DNA sequencing, bioinformatics and modern molecular genetics opens the possibility of completely redesigning new crops from scratch.
De novo assembled human genome via single molecule sequencing
From the Human Genome Project and ENCODE, to projects that involve sequencing of millions of human genomes and were announced by the US Obama Administration and Companies such as Craig Venter’s Human Longevity Inc., 23andMe and the Chinese BGI.
Biologists first observed “transgenerational epigenetic inheritance” in plants. But, over the past few years, evidence has accumulated showing that the phenomenon also occurs in rodents and humans.
The clover genome is very complicated and even though many scientists have tried to find the exact genes responsible for the four-leaf mutation, they haven’t been identified as of yet.
Can we trust your published qPCR data?
The pressure to publish is causing shortcuts which result in misleading papers being published.
- Best Electronic Lab Notebook ELN Review (Updated 2023)May 24, 2023 - 8:00 am
- Which single-cell RNA sequencing data analysis tool to choose in 2022?August 17, 2022 - 8:46 am
- The Next Generation Of Antivenom Production Holds Many Possibilities For The FutureMarch 17, 2021 - 8:19 am
- Connected Laboratory & the Role of IoT in ScienceFebruary 4, 2020 - 4:02 pm
- The Importance of Better Digital Data Management in Laboratories and The FAIR FutureFebruary 4, 2020 - 3:06 pm